Whole BBQ Herb Stuffed Salmon with Orange Butter
- 1 large (4-5lbs) Salmon, cleaned
- 2 Lemons, washed and sliced
- 1 c Fresh Basil (about half a bunch)
- 1/2 c or 2 fluffy sprigs of Fresh Dill, whole
- 1/4 c Fresh Chives, whole
- 4-5 sprigs of fresh Thyme (optional)
- 1 Navel Orange, zested + juiced
- 1/2 c Butter, room temperature
Mix in butter into zest of the orange and the juice, set aside.
Cut a few slits down the sides, on both sides of the outside of the Salmon. Stuff a slice of Lemon and Basil in each of the slits.
Place all the other herbs and remaining lemon inside of the fish and smear the entire fish with the lemon butter, reserve 1/3 of the butter for serving.
Carefully place the fish on the grill and grill at a medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Do not touch it or move it slightly it will tear the skin if you do.
Use a large wide Fish spatula or two spatulas to turn the Salmon. Turn over for 15 minutes more.
Check with a thermometer before pulling it off. 130F can be acceptable if you are confident in the source. 135-140 is normal by most fish monger standards.
Serve with grilled Veggies and the remaining Orange Butter on the table.